BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Family Vacation!!!

Aaaah, the feeling of getting back home to your own bed and pillow can never be under-estimated, but nothing else compares to spending time with some much loved family.  It's hard to visit all of our family whenever we want, especially being in the corps and always moving, but it makes it even harder when some of that family is military as well, so we have two very crazy lives that have to sync up for a few moments of togetherness.


Did I mention that El Paso (unlike 29 Palms) has civilization... like we got to go to a Super WalMart and the outlets, a bagel shop, the zoo.... all of this no more than 15 minutes from their doorstep.  Can you tell I'm jealous?

We let Patrick push all four of us girls in the big buggy =)




And my sweet niece A making a friend of a sea lion at the zoo


 All of that stuff was great, but the best part was going to White Sands, NM.  It was absolutely gorgeous - white sand dunes as far as your eye could see (which wasn't very far while in the extreme winds that were whipping us around out there as well).  I realized I was way too out of shape to be running up the side of these enormous dunes with a sled in my hand (workouts start tonight BTW) but it was awesome to look at and crawl around in. 

It was sad to go, but all great things must come to an end.  We got to spend a week with my awesome brother-in-law and the family.  And Shannon and I got to drool over Vin Diesel and Paul Walker in a Fast and Furious flashback.  It was great to have some quality girl time with her, she rocks!

Speaking of my rocking SIL, did I mention the swag???  If you don't have a scentsy rep already I highly recommend her, it comes with perks!  So the real reason I visit her is to clean out her storage closet...




My house will be smelling great for a long time!!  Go check her out at https://shannonshurtleff.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home to get your house smelling amazing too!

Well, here we are, back home, about to cook dinner and just letting the kids run around the house doing whatever they want.  It was a long drive yesterday and they've earned it, just like us adults earned fajitas and a Fat Tire.

Looking forward to our next escape from the high desert...

1 comments:

Sissy said...

Sounds like you had a really good time!! :) Glad you've started blogging again! <3 <3