BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 18, 2012

Diaper Cake = too easy

I'm hosting a baby shower and had no idea what to get the third-time-around mama to be, except for consumable goods, so diapers it is!  But how boring is that?  So I've never made a diaper cake before, I didn't get online to look for directions, I just figured it couldn't be that hard, so I went for it.

Easiest instructions EVER are right here:

1.  Take all diapers out of package, roll them up, and secure with a rubber band.

2.  Locate something round to use as a base.  I used an empty oatmeal container.  You could use just about anything recyclable, or this is an opportunity to stash away extra gifts (such as shampoos, baby formula, etc.)  I put a large rubber band around the bottom part of the container and then started tucking diapers under the band all the way around.  Then I did the same on the top part.  I wanted something tall enough so that the bottom two layers were attached and the diaper cake didn't fall apart.
3.  Add another large rubber band around the bottom layer of diapers, and start adding diapers to make it a thicker layer.  Once you have the bottom two layers, you can just wrap up four or five diapers for the top layer, or what I did was use my shampoo here and did the same thing I did with the oatmeal container - throw a rubber band around it and add diapers for a single layer.
(Yes, that's Vin Diesel in the background there)

4.  Add ribbon to cover up all of your rubber band goodness, and you're all set!  Easy as 1, 2, 3.  And 4!



1 comments:

liz said...

I wanted to say that your diaper cake is adorable. I love the rolled up look.