BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thankful Thursday


I figured I’d follow up my “Terrible Tuesday” with a “Thankful Thursday”.  After all, no matter how entertaining it may have been for you to read, and healthy for me to vent, positive things are always better than negative ones.
#1 – I am thankful for my family.  That means my immediate family, my extended family, my in-laws, cousins near and far, and those friends that are too close to my heart not to be called family.  No, I don’t call or write enough, and life gets me busy, but know that I’m thinking of you often, even when you don’t hear from me.
#2 – I am thankful for my wonderful daughter.  Yesterday was her first dentist appointment, and she went off without me like a big girl before I even knew she was gone, getting her x-rays and cleaning done, and not a single complaint. I’m in the chair next to her getting my own teeth cleaned, and just amazed that she has no fear!

#3 – I am thankful for the friends I have made in such a short amount of time here at 29 Palms.  I know in the military lifestyle that you make friends fast, yet it is still a wonder to me at times how it happens that way.  I am thankful for myself and on Justice’s behalf that we both have some girls (and one cute lil guy) to hang out with.  
#4 – I am thankful for having a healthy pregnancy and so far healthy baby.  And I’m thankful it’s a girl (just don’t let Patrick know that, he was secretly hoping for a boy!)
There are a bunch of little things I am thankful for as well that I could list off one by one, but my “loaner latop” is a lil older and it doesn’t register all of the keystrokes all of the time, so it is quite a pain, yet I am thankful for it and for my stepmother for letting me borrow it while my dad fixes my Mac.  Just remember that no matter how bad you think you have it, someone out there has it worse. 

0 comments: